Some Qus. wants perfect answers

Ninnad Jagtap

Programming Experience
Beginner
  1. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
  2. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind class?
  3. What does the "EnableViewState" property do? Why would I want it on or off?
  4. What is the difference between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect? Why would I choose one over the other?

Need A Perfect answers ??

1. server-side means that the code is executed on the server, client side means the code is executed on the client (not the server)

2. depends on whether the server calls/runs it or the client calls/runs it

3 & 4. i dont know, sry

4. Server.Transfer actualy transfers processing to another file. Responce.Redirect actualy forces the client browser to a new location.

Tg

I didn't read the rest of the ansers but i beleive you are satisfied by the answers ... however this is the answer of your third Q

3. User Page State (ViewState This deals with maintaining the state of the user interface between requests— for example, making sure that data the user has entered doesn't disappear after a round trip to the server to perform data validation. When you use Web Forms and Web server controls exclusively, ASP.NET uses ViewState to take care of this type of state maintenance for you. Although ViewState is extremely convenient, you should not use it for controls that hold a lot of data, such as DataGrids and DataLists, and especially when all you need to do is display the data, unless you simply don't care about moving large volumes of unnecessary data over your network. The most important point to remember is that ViewState is control specific; the EnableViewState property is set to true by default. You should set the EnableViewState property to false for every control unless you specifically need ASP.NET to maintain page state information for that control.

Cheers ;)

Back