Question some general questions

navinady

Programming Experience
Beginner
answer these please:
1. What are the advantages of using OPTION STRICT?

2. Where do you declare a variable that needs to be accessible throughout an entire form?

3. What happens when inserting an entry in an array when there is no room for it? Write a block of code that would handle this.

4. Explain how VB.NET uses casting when assigning values to variables.

5. Explain the steps (no code please) needed to populate a Grid control with the contents of a database table.

Don't take this wrong, but these seem like 5 questions that have been cut and paste from a homework assignment.

Generally the community here tries to help its member develop their skills by improving on posted code and thoughts through conversation in a thread, while here it doesn't seem you have a specific area of improvement targeted but rather a list of questions you've been asked.

If the above is incorrect please enlighten us/me. Are you looking @ using VB instead of your current language and are therefore comparing environmental similarities? Switching from VB6.0 perhaps?

If, as I suspect, these are homework questions, research them first and post what you come up with. From that, I (and the community at large here) will be happy to help correct any mistakes and offer further insight. (We just don't to do all the work, and rob you of the experience. I assure you that base line answers to all of these questions are easily found via Google.)

regarding the questions

hey wat u've said is right...sry for postin all the qns .....i am jus in bit hurry in meeting my deadlines...dats y i've posted in the thread....pls dont mind ....
anyways i'll try to remove this thread ....

No problem at all really. Like I said the community here is great and will help you where we can. Gather up some base knowledge about the questions you've posted above from either the boards here (the search function on these forums always serves me well), or Google like I mentioned.

Once you have a bit more refined question post back to this thread and we can help you refine it further, or explain specifics that you don't understand!

Last but not least, welcome to the forums. I hope to see you around more often as you progress in your programming.

No problem at all really. Like I said the community here is great and will help you where we can. Gather up some base knowledge about the questions you've posted above from either the boards here (the search function on these forums always serves me well), or Google like I mentioned.

Once you have a bit more refined question post back to this thread and we can help you refine it further, or explain specifics that you don't understand!

Last but not least, welcome to the forums. I hope to see you around more often as you progress in your programming.
hey thx for the reply ...i'lll try

Questions 1, 2 and 4 are very common on the forum here, a simple forum search wouldn't take too long.

>1. What are the advantages of using OPTION STRICT?
You don't end up writing lame code that has obscure bugs

>2. Where do you declare a variable that needs to be accessible throughout an entire form?
in the form scope

>3. What happens when inserting an entry in an array when there is no room for it? Write a block of code that would handle this.
you cannot insert into an array

>4. Explain how VB.NET uses casting when assigning values to variables.
instances of reference types may be assigned to variables typed as their own type or one of their base types by implicit cast. an explicit cast is required to retrieve the instance in more specific form

>5. Explain the steps (no code please) needed to populate a Grid control with the contents of a database table.
read the DW2 link in my signature

Back