Question Solution-level signing certificate

Keith Howard

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello,
Is it possible to have a solution-level signing certificate, rather than one for each project in a solution? I only use these projects in one solution.
We use VS 2012 and Dot Net 4.0.
Thanks.
Keith

Hello again, I just read the following in MSDN, which I think is helpful regarding my original question.
ClickOnce Manifest Signing and Strong-Name Assembly Signing Using Visual Studio Project Designer's Signing Page

Signing Multi-Project Solutions

The Project Designer's Signing page supports setting the signing properties, one project at a time. If you are working with a solution with multiple projects, and you want to sign all of them with the same key file, without copying the key file to all the projects, you can modify the *.xxproj file directly (for example, with Notepad) and change the AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile value to the path of the key file. One benefit of this solution is that you can keep all signing certificates in one location for safekeeping and tracking. The following is an example of how this can be done.

By default the value would look something like this in the *.xxproj file:
<AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile>mypfxkeyfile.pfx</AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile>

By changing the value to look something like D:\MyCerts\myMainKey.pfx, you can use one centrally located key file for all assembly signing needs:
<AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile>D:\MyCerts\mymainkey.pfx</AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile>

Yes, that was the article I linked you to.

Back