.sin Solution File

joep

Programming Experience
5-10
I am working with my first VS 2205 Web Site and I can not find the .sin file. In previous version of VS I could create the same site on two different computers and copy and paste the files from one to the other so I could work on the same project from two different locations.

I have been looking for info on how and where VS 2005 creates and places the solution files for Web Sites. Using the Start Page doesn't fit every need when opening a project. I have searched my computer and at this time I can not find that a .sin file has even been created for my Web Site.

Thanks

.sin files? As far as I know VS doesn't create ANY .sin files.... it does how ever create .sln files (that's an L not an upper case I).... as in SoLutioN file..... ???

-tg

Yes, after looking closely you are correct. Bad Eyes. The .sln file has finnally been created but placed in folder that is not a subfolder of the project. Can this be controlled?

Technicaly speaking, you can put the sln file anywhere you want.... but you'll then need to open it up and change the links to the project(s) in the solution to point to the right location (I believe they are relative.) The reason the sln file is up one level from where you are expecting is that solutions can have one or more projects in it. So it wants to put the sln file in the folder just above the projects themselves. Typicaly. Doesn't allways happen that way.

-tg

Back