Similar to HTML Frame Comtrols is availabe in VB.NET (windows)

ajewahar

Programming Experience
10+
Dear All,

I need to design an application where I need to keep all the option in the left side of screen (frame) and need to leave rest of the portion for content to display upon user click on any option which is at "left side".

The method that I'm looking for similar to HTML frames we normally do.

Have seen many client/server applicaiton build in powerbuilder using the same method.

Appreciate if anyone of you guys can help me out.

Many thanks in advance..

Look into MDI applications.
You can create a mainform that has it's IsMdiContainer property set to True and perhaps place a panel docked to the left that contains buttons and other controls ("all the option"). Then create other forms and set the MdiParent to the main form and dock those childForms on the Right side as you open them.

Deart Paszt,

I have docked "panel" in the left of "main form"(MDI form).

But, how can I set below as you advised:

>>> dock those childForms on the Right side as you open them.>>

kindly advise.. have checked Form properties doesn't make sense might due new to vb.net !!.

many thanks in advance..

rgds-

Dear Paszt,

I did that you advised.. Now, I have an issue with option buttons that I have placed in the "panel" which on MDIform.

I have following situation. Upon use click on "button1" from MDIform, I show the "Form2 (child)" which is shown in the right-side of the MDIform and it's fine.

But, if user click again "button1" the "form2" is being loaded again !!. How can I resolve this.

Please help..

many thanks in advance..

>>Look into MDI applications.
>>You can create a mainform that has it's IsMdiContainer property set to True >>and perhaps place a panel docked to the left that contains buttons and other >>controls ("all the option"). Then create other forms and set the MdiParent to >>the main form and dock those childForms on the Right side as you open them.

Back