Signature question

last time I checked when you make a post it adds your current sig to that post in which I believe the sig changes if you go back and "edit" that post after you have changed your sig

Short and simple, the forums software doesn't change your sig for all the old posts automatically

I haven't tested that in years though

It's never been an issue

I may be dumb here, how do I set it so my signature updates all my posts, not just new ones?

Whatever your current sig is, shows on all your posts. Old and new. In database design this is good sense.. Store your post content, and join it your current sig on display. Storing user signatures at the time they made the post would be a waste of space and normalization flaw! :)

ps: same for your avatar

How bizarre.

vBulletin boards have always updated every post when the signature changes.

yesterday it wasn't updating any previous posts I had - today it is.....

Your cached folder on your hard disk?

tried clearing my temp internet files and my signature was still different on the 2 posts. Next day it was fine.

I did have that problem ages ago where I couldn't see any of your posts. Everyone else's were fine, but your's just weren't showing!

I blame IE7, nought else I can do about it, company policy.

There are caches in more places than just your computer. Some computer between your computer and the web server could have been caching that page.

Back