Question Side-by-side configuration error

dman474

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, I'm pretty new to vb .net so bear with me and if you need me to explain something about my problem in more depth, please explain to me in detail what it is and where I can find the information you need.

My problem is that I have a small application that I have been trying to build for some time now. If I launch the program in the Visual Studio debugger, it works fine. If I try and run the executable from the windows explorer, I get and error: Application failed to start because side-by-side configuration is incorrect. I have read that this may be a runtime library that is not installed on my machine but I can't find out what library i'm missing (if that is the problem). Does anyone know how to fix this?

It uses System, System.Data, System.Deployment, System.Drawing, System.Windows.Forms, and System.Xml. All are .net version 2.0.50727 (I checked to make sure that those libraries were actually on my computer and they are). does it matter that I also have a later version of .net installed or that the version the program is trying to use is for an x86 cpu and mine is x64?

Also If it matters, I'm not sure because I'm picking up this program from 6 months ago but I think I started it in vs 2005 and later moved it to vs 2008. I am currently building it in vs 2008

well, thank you anyway. One web search I turned up said that if I could find the manifest that was embedded into the exe it would tell me which version of .net framework my program required, but I have no idea how to get to the manifest. Do you know?

Back