Question setup did work on some pcs but did not run on others

aworsh1

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi all,
I have application developed in vb.net 2005 with sql server database and also used crystal report in it. I have make the setup files using deployment wizard. Now the problem is that when I install the setup files, it work on some pcs while didnt run on some others. Framework 2.0 is in its prerequisites which I install before running setup. When I try to see error message, it gives server time out.
Please help if someone has the solution.

Imran

What are the internal differences between the pcs on which it does work and on the pcs on which it does not work?

Same OS?
Same patches/Service packs?
Same software installed?
Same ram/disk space/etc?

re:

thanks for your reply hack,

there is no difference of operating system, all are using XP with sp2. I have installed framework 2.0 on all. Hardware specification may little bit different as one may simple intel 3.0 and other is cd2.

Does it give you any error, as to why it is not installing?, and if it does it would help if you could copy and paste the message in your post.

Well, if there was a problem with your package it wouldn't run on any pcs.

The fact that it does run on some but not on others tells me the problem lies with the PC, not your package.

Are the pcs on which it does not work in house? Can you go and take a look at them?

dear,
let me explain you the complete picture. i hve installed this application in my office and all pc's are here. There is no problem with setup as it installed successfully. from its short cut, it also loads the application as at load, there is no database activity performed. after then we we want to view some report or wanna do some entry into database, it got stuck and wait for long time. when i put error debugging, it is giving server timeout error. while same is running on a computer without giving any problem. now definitly there may some problem with the pc but i hve checked everything, permissions, framework, windows service pack everything is same. so what could be wrong:confused:

Back