Question Setup & Deployment - Help

nicholas1987

Programming Experience
3-5
Have built a project and associated it with a Setup&Deployment Project.

The S&D project needs to contain 2 main folders (under User's Desktop) with various formats of files (xmls, txts, dlls) inside them and several subfolders.

How can i copy/import these 2 folders and there sub-files/folders into my s&d project?

When adding them in the usual way, they are copied and defined a source path onto the current pc. You can understand what errors this might create when an another targeted pc does not contain those files to the exact location.

Is there any way to copy them locally or somehow import them?

Thanks guys!!!

In the File System Editor, I believe that one of the standard folders is the user's desktop, so you can add files, etc, there. If you set the Build Action of all those files to Content then you can add a Project Output and specify that the Content output should be placed in that folder.

I have my folders and sub folders under the User's Desktop folder but for some reason i can seem to locate the Build Action of the files....is it on the user interface or should i write some code to implement this?

I am on VS2010 and the only properties i can see for a file are, Condition, Exclude, Folder, Hidden, PAckageAs, Permanent, ReadOnly, Register, SharedLegaceFile, Source Path, Target Name, Transitive, Vital......

You will have added the files to the original application project. Select them in the Solution Explorer and then open the Properties window to find the Build Action for the item.

and then User's Desktop/Right Click Add/Project Output/ Choose the Project Name/choose Content Files from the list and thats almost it????

Nice one man, thank you!

Back