Setting Folder Permissions

coleman01

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I wondered if people could help. I have a program which imports users and creates a folder for the user. The users details (including network username, folder path etc) are stored in a database. That all works fine.

I now need, as part of the import process, for the program to set the folder permissions so that the user has modify access permission and the group 'staff' have full control. Being new to this, I am a little confused as to how to do it. I have looked into it online, but it is not clear.

Could anyone help me please? I am really clueless on this one.

Hi,
I wondered if people could help. I have a program which imports users and creates a folder for the user. The users details (including network username, folder path etc) are stored in a database. That all works fine.

I now need, as part of the import process, for the program to set the folder permissions so that the user has modify access permission. Being new to this, I am a little confused as to how to do it. I have looked into it online, but it is not clear. In other words I have no idea where to start.

Could anyone help me please?

Back