Question Server/Client communication link

NewbieTech

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have created a multiform client application and now need to create a server application to go with it.

I need so that when a button is clicked on the client form2 that it communicates with the server application updating it.

Scenario - Someone uses the client computer/program clicks finish button, client sends through the hour/min/sec values to the server computer/program. Which i then need to click the information on the server program, and then click a clear button to clear it.

any advice? I havent made the server application yet, am requiring advice on this also.

There won;t be any buttons to click on the server program unless you intend for there to be a human being sitting at the server operating it. The server would most likely be a Windows service if you're running on a LAN or a web service if running over the internet.

I should add that the clearing on the server end, isnt the problem im having. I can do that no sweat.

Its the design of the server, and the communication between the client and server

Back