Serialize arraylist

Programming Experience
3-5
I was just wondering how to serialize an arraylist to xml. After that, I would like to store the generated xml into a sql server database. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm new to the whole xml thing... I know how to do it just straight out of the database, but not using xml. basically I would have 2 tables. one called Feeds, and one called FeedDetails. Basically, I have a program that will dynamically create a flat file from a database. The user can pick any fields they want, and in any order. So I need to save thier settings for each feed they want saved. The Feeds table would store who they are and what they want the feed named, and the FeedDetails would hold the fields they wanted and in the order they wanted them. I was told that xml serialization would make this eaisier / more efficient. I have not done any serialization before so I'm a little confused. From what I understand, I could serialize an arraylist of the fields and then deserialize it to use it again. Is serialization a better way to go then directly with the database and tables??? Thanks for your help!

So you want an xml & an xsd file then to send? how about using a dataset and the write xml/xsd(xmlschema)?

I decided to just go from the database until I find out more about xml and serialization. Thank you for your help though

Back