Send Email in Forms app

Dycker

Programming Experience
10+
Send Email in Forms app - solved

Hello. I want to be able to send emails from my forms applicationbut Ican't get "Imports System.Web.Mail" to be recognized. What am I missing?

Apparantly I'm missing a brain cell that tells me to add a reference to system.web.dll!!!!!

Thanks,
Gerry Dyck

Last edited:
hi dear here is the thing u needed

Dycker said:
Hello. I want to be able to send emails from my forms applicationbut Ican't get "Imports System.Web.Mail" to be recognized. What am I missing?

Apparantly I'm missing a brain cell that tells me to add a reference to system.web.dll!!!!!

Thanks,
Gerry Dyck

hi dear

i got the thing why you was unable to do so, plz do the following then your included requirement would work

pray for me too

Regards

faizan ahmed
Requirements:

1. SMTP Service must be installed and running. SMTP is an option installed with IIS.

2. To send mail the SmtpServer property must be set to the IP address or server name where the SMTP Server is running. In most cases this is the "localhost" machine. As such, the SmtpServer property value can either be the friendly name, "localhost", or "127.0.0.1". The latter is the default for this application. If you have any trouble sending mail, check to make sure the SmtpServer property is properly set in the code.

To find the SMTP server name, do the following:

a) Open the IIS snap-in (Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Internet Information Services). (Note: On Win2K this is the Internet Services Manager)

b) Expand the Default SMTP Virtual Server node (the exact name of this node may vary by operating system).

c) Click Domains. In the right pane you will see a list of Domain Names. You may set the SmtpServer property to one of these names or their corresponding IP addresses.

3. The Default SMTP Virtual Server must also be running. Realize that it is possible for the SMTP Service to be running, but the Default SMTP Server in IIS to be stopped. There is a difference between the service itself and the actual server run by the service. It is akin to having IIS running with a particular Web or FTP site stopped. IIS, the service, is still running. But the particular Web or FTP site is not.

If your Default SMTP Virtual Server is not running, a red X icon will be visible over its node in the IIS snap-in. To start the Server, right-click its node and select Start.

4. Finally, the Relay Restrictions must be properly set. To do this:

a) In IIS, right-click Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties.

b) In the Properties dialog click the Access tab.

c) Click Relay.

d) In the Relay Restrictions dialog, check "All except the list below". The bottom checkbox can be left checked or unchecked.

e) Click OK twice to effect the change and clear the properties dialogs.

Last edited:
Back