Select Command in VB.Net GUI form to relate with SQL Server

ericanz

Programming Experience
Beginner
Interview Application

Hi,

I want to create a multiple form application in VB, but want the data entered when the application is run to be exported elsewhere and saved as a file. I need the file to be in a format that can be printed with a decent looking layout, but also to be able to be emailed around and used by various users.

What are your suggestions for various ways I could do this? Should I be making an XML file and then altering it after the initial application has got the data? Or should I link the application directly to MS Word or something? The application is to be an interview in which I need the answers to questions to be exported so that they can be read by my company but are also in a professional format for customers to view.

I apologise if this is world's most retarded question, if you've linked info elsewhere, or if this is in the wrong place. I did look. Thanks.

Hi Good day, How was your weekend?
Yes I did what you asked me to do,
1. I reduced the size of the password field in the database to 20
2. also set the MaxLength properties on the GUI to the same size with that in the database
3. Run the program
It din't work initially, so i wandered what could be wrong. I now decided to key in the same entries I had in Username field (8nvarchar) in password field (20nvarchar), it now worked. So I looked through my entries again to locate the reason for accepting just 8 characters, couldn't locate why? any reason pls.

But I learnt something in the process of doing this, tried using the PasswordChar properties, changed it to x and it worked. I am doing this for the first time.

I must commend your effort, I am partially happy now but still want to know why it has refused to accept my password field for 20 nvarchar

Thanks for the patient

O dear, I so greatful, it was a mistake on my part, I just realised that I had increased the with of the username instead of the password in the database and immediately I changed it it worked. Thank God. I can now smile

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks

MY PROGRAM IS WORKING FINE.

Good to have a website like this. What a good job. Thanks for the patient.

I am glad now.

Linking a ComboBox on a GUI form to a Table

Hi,
Thanks for teaching me all that I have known. I am so happy but I just discovered that comboBox creation is not all that easy.

Please I have searched through the thread for relevant combo experience for beginners but found none.

On my form which has series of textboxes and comboBoxes, I tried linking the comboBox to another table (master) but could not. I don't know how to go about it. Please help Thank you.

fie

Linking a ComboBox on a GUI form to a Table

Yes trying to link up with another table in SQL Server Database

Help- Crystal Report

Please i am new to crystal report design. I need your help

I have designed a crystal report from VB.Net that has series of columns (fields) generated from the following two tables.

1. tblAgt - Table

fconsole numeric

fagent

2. tblDebit - Table

fmending Date field

AccountNo

fagent

ftrans

fgrossprem

Comm

The report has the following format

Date: 01/01/2004 To 31/12/2004

Account No: 38000 To 38092

Balance bf: 00.00

fmending AccountNo Fagent ftrans fgrossprem Comm. Net Amt

02/02/04 38837 db001 DR 5,000.00 350.00 4,650.00

02/07/04 38838 db002 CR 15,000.30 200.00 15,200.00

03/02/02 29388 db003 pyt 2,000.00 100.00 1,900.00

The Date and the Accounts Group header were generated with the parameter fields

The balance column is where I am having a problem with because it is suppose to be generated from a summary of all fgrossprem that falls within a range of date below 01/01/2004 (startdate)

ie. fmending < startdate

where startdate and enddate were generated with parameter fields

And the total fgrossprem in table (tbldebit) is added to fconsole in table (tblagt) ie

Balance bf = fgrossprem(tbldebit) + fconsole(tblagt)

I am trying to filter for all the dates that is less than startdate (tbldebit) and to get the accumulated fgrossprem but have always got 0.00 as my result.

I would be greatful if you could put me through.

Thanks

fie

Back