Question Second login window

NoIdeas

Programming Experience
1-3
Okay, I need a little help regarding my program, and FYI, I haven't started writing the code yet, so you don't have to make it according to any special controls or anything.

Anyway,
what I'm trying to do is that after the user of the computer logs in to a windows-account called for example "Guest",
I would like to have a second login-screen that forces the user to say who he/she is, before he/she can use the actual desktop and menus.

What I don't know how to do is how to make sure that there is no way around this log in screen.

I hope I was clear enough about what I meant, so there won't be no mis-understandings :)

Btw, I hope I posted this right and stuff, not very used to posting new threads and stuff...
All answers are appreciated :D

//NoIdeas

Oh! FYI, I'm using two monitors (1920;1200, 1680;1050), might be irrelevant but just in case ;)

The only way to make it impossible to circumvent (and even then it's not totally impossible) is not to allow 'guest' log-ins in the first place. There's no logic at all in a system which allows you to sign in anonymously purely for the purpose of disallowing you to sign in anonymously!

Okay, Thanks for quick answer :D

But there should be a way to like block all user input and put the program in the startup folder or something? Like if you make huge unclickable form which takes all the space of the screen and that is not movable or anything?

I mean, it doesn't have to be COMPLETELY impassable, but maybe for the regular user, people who barely know about the task manager.

Last edited:
If you disable all input then it won't be possible for legitimate users to bypass it either!

Like if you make huge unclickable form which takes all the space of the screen and that is not movable or anything?

Yup. I think I've seen one of those. Now where was it? Oh yeah, the Windows log-in screen!

Again. Don't allow 'guest' log-ins!

If you disable all input then it won't be possible for legitimate users to bypass it either!
Okay, great :) Does anyone know HOW TO disable all input except for the actual form? :S

Yup. I think I've seen one of those. Now where was it? Oh yeah, the Windows log-in screen!
Haha, well, that is basically what I try to reach ;)

Again. Don't allow 'guest' log-ins!
Well, I won't actually allow anyone in, the program will be designed to monitor the time my (for example) brother uses the computer, and I needed this to verify who it is who uses it.
The "Guest" account will probably be a normal account with a lot of restrictions, wich will have a password that I will give to those who are allowed to use it.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)

Okay, great :) Does anyone know HOW TO disable all input except for the actual form?

Yes. You just change a whole lot of registry entries prior to log in and then reverse them when the 2nd log in is successfully passed and restart to ..... oh! :erm:

Yes, yes, I know you want me to use the original log-in screen only, but I don't want to :p That would destroy the whole fun part of it ;)
But i guess, it maybe is a lot easier and takes less time... Maybe I'll stick with the original.... :S

Well, thanks for all your help and suggestions :) If no one disagrees, I would consider this thread as answered/resolved :)

Why not set up windows user accounts for the users, disable guest and write something that monitors login times at start up.

The environment.username will tell you who logged in and you could write that plus a time stamp to a log. Or write something to look for event log events for logging in and out and parse them for quick access...

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I have thought of making a timestamp when the user logs in, but I wan't to make it able to see when and what programs the user starts and exits different programs and also if the user is by the computer (like checking mousemovement and stuff, although I don't know if that works when a game is running.

That, I could do, but honestly I have NoIdeas how to monitor the programs started and exited and I'm not sure how to ckeck the mousemovement part in an efficient way... :S

But actually a log seems like a plausible option...

Thanks for the suggestion, it brings me some inspiration again :D

Yes, but once again, that is not as fun! :D

The internet probably contains hundreds of versions of the programs that I create, but downloading them would just kill the joy. It's the programming that I'm looking for, not the program itself.

Back