Search A Database

paulthepaddy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Guys, I Am looking For Some help And info On Searching Databases,This Is My Form

earch Form.png

unfortunatly i have no code to start with. i have googled and youtubed mainly to find people search their datagrids for values, but it did come to me that this database will get very big quite quickly, so i have going to need to search the database then have it pass the values back to the datagrid.

sorry for rushing i have to go to work.

dont worry as much about putting the proper names and all in. im sure i will figure it out.

but i would like to be able to search by 4 or 5 values BUT(this is whats gets me) how can i search my say only 2 out of the 4-5

ay help is much apreaicated,thansk guys

:D thank you, the answers to my question i suppose

would be

NO, The Dataset is a RAM version on the returned rows FROM my database, pretty much the table adapter is the middle man that manages the connection and SQL queries between them.

if only i knew this it prob would have saved so much hassle lol, i do remember reading up on datasets, dataadapters,tables adapters and having to give up rather quickly, it all got very complicated very quick, but that was a while ago so might have another go at and see if my slightly improved vb.net will help with understanding it.

Again Ian thank you, that was in simple terms that i COMPLETLY understand their purpose.

(I am guessing thats why you where asking why i had separate functions for simple insert and update, because realistically, it should have been in the table adapter)

Thanks bud

Back