Running a vb.net applcation fron the system Tray icon

tany

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi..All,

I have done a VB.net application.All I want is that it should run from the sytem tray icon which I have given.The application runs from the system tray but the things which I want to do is,

1.How to maximize the application when the user double clicks the icon in the system tray.
2.When the user clicks the close button of the form,the application should stay minimized in the system tray (but should be running until the user logs out)
3.And when the user logs out of the application, I still want the application to be shown(with the icon which I've given) in the system tray(but not running)
4.Also I want to give the user some option when he right clicks the icon in the system tray to maximize or sign out ..etc.

Overall I want my application to work how the MSN works from the system tray.

I don't know if I'm clear with whatever I have asked,I hope I'm making sense.

Pls help if you know this,

Thanks in advance.

kulrom said:
Well, if i am not wrong he/she is looking for solution that looks like MSN

youre quite correct, of course.. i think there was a shift of context in the subsequent discussion, from what the OP wanted (to be like MSN) to what was HCI acceptable (MSN as the ideal model)

I dont particularly feel that minimize-on-close a la MSN and a bunch of other programs, is acceptable, especially as it is quite often used on programs with a dubious intent. Instead of educating the world as to what the difference is between minimize and close, we blur the distinction by second guessing what the user intends based on the nature of the program.

This is perhaps accessory to the original question from the OP, but i'd be interested to know if he ever considered the idea.. as the software originator he has the responsibility to do so..

lol ... obviously you dont read the posts entirely. Anyway thanks for the comments ;)
again, correct; when responding to a point raised within the context of post Y, i am not in the habit of reading post X ;)

Back