Question run object.focus in a currently running process

WellsCarrie

Programming Experience
5-10
We have a third party window app used by our sorter in distribution.
The users are to type an order Number in the primary text box and then push enter. The app will load and display a label document with order data and ask the user if they wish to print.
Everything works great except that when it finishes printing it does not return focus to the primary text box. Causing our uses to have to change focus to the text box themselves before typing a new order number. This is a big deal since the old system returned focus to the input field. Meaning our users only had to type a five digit number and push enter twice. :eek:

I know how to attach to a currently running process. But how do I send the "textbox.focus = True" command? Is that even possible?

I would talk to the makers of the 3rd party application. If this isn't possible, see if you can restart the process after printing (Trick is to find out when it's done printing.)

Here's something I'm not sure will work, but I've seen it when scanning for viruses. It says the virus tries to use OLE Automation. It seems like it could work for you if you could implement it. http://www.skolob.co.uk/skolob/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=5&blogId=1 explains how and what it does.

Back