RSS Feeds

NeilHodges

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi i wondered if any one out there could help me i am extremly new to .net but have done some vb6 programming before.

My company is a advertising company, we install a computer on a site and connect a plasma screen to it, this shows the advertisements which are generally in flash.

We include a slide that is a flash file the shows the news. This is done by me every morning updating the news in a web form i think it written in asp.net which in turn updates a xml? the computer that is installed on site showing advertisments shows updated news.

I wanted to know can i make this automated through RSS Feeds? how would i do this and what language would be best to do this in, do i need a server side page to collect the rss feeds xml?

any help on on this would be greatly appreciated, or any direction to tutorials

Thankyou for your help, this has given me a few ideas, still not sure how to grab the xml and then a flash file to project the text.

We have software that is built in vb6, that bespoke software lets you add slides if you will. they can be jpg's wma files and SWF files. Once you have loaded the desired slides inn you save and run, this then projects the content on screen in a loop. when the flash file comes along the action script needs to collect only the text from a rss feed.

Although the screensaver has given me some ideas i know that our bespoke software cannot load and run a exe file as one of its loaded slide.

But thankyou once again for this info

Back