Retrieving Pictures from Database

jamesgabrish

Programming Experience
Beginner
Ok, this is what i am trying to do. I have a database which displays information about states. What i want to do is display a state flag, a state photo, their state bird, state flower and state tree. I would like to get those pictures, which are displayed in separate folders to display according to the state number(primary key) I can get the information to show up about the state, but i can't get any images. In my database i have the path file name there. That doesn't work. Do i do anything else? What is best but easiest approach, as i am a beginner in VB. if you have any questions ask and i will answer the best that i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, everyone who posts here needs help. May I suggest a more descriptive name for future posts.

Are you sure the file paths you are retrieving are valid? How are you trying to display these images? Do you get an error or are they simply not displayed? You would, I'd expect, want to use PictureBox controls to display the images and set the Image property using Drawing.Image.FromFile().

one more thing

Now when i run my project, i get an error which says that the Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'project_database'. make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I am attaching my program so you can take a look at it to see if you can find anything, if it is not too much trouble. if there are any question let me know. The List View Box, is there just because. If i don't need it then, I don't want it. Thank you so much for all your help.
Let me know if this will work for you. I have some pictures as well, but i couldn't upload everythin as it was too large to send.

Attachments

• StatesForm.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 45
Well, take the attached project ones again and simply don't do anything related with connection cuz all you need is declared in module (i guess you noted the same).
Anyway if you don't resolve the issue feel free to ask for additional help ... actually you can give me scenario and i'll make a demo for you ... Cheers ;)

no pictures yet

I have tried what you said, but i can't get that either. I am trying to display information on the state as well as pictures. For example, I have gotten the information such as, statehood, name, flower name, etc. about the state to display by connected to my database. How do i get them both to work. If there were only some way to get you my project, because i am stuck and have no clue of what to do from here.

jamesgabrish said:
I have tried what you said, but i can't get that either. I am trying to display information on the state as well as pictures. For example, I have gotten the information such as, statehood, name, flower name, etc. about the state to display by connected to my database. How do i get them both to work. If there were only some way to get you my project, because i am stuck and have no clue of what to do from here.

Just upload it and i'll take a look ... i guess it's bigger than allowed size on the current forum so use FTP, or also you can use Yahoo briefcase ... Cheers ;)

Back