Question restaurant tables design?

edinet

Programming Experience
Beginner
foto bar.jpg

how to create this design in visual basic 2010 express ,,,
points nr are restaurant tables,,with this form i want to customize them......app running non in visual basic
sorry for bad english i hope you can understand me

Hi,

I am not going to write this for you but here is a start:-

1) The Restaurant layout graphic (without the tables) could be the Background Image of a form.

2) The tables could then be Picture Boxes, with a table image, that are then placed where you need them in relation to the Restaurant image layout.

3) You could then code the Click event of the Picture Boxes to then do what you need.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian

thnx IanRyder ,,,but i want to customise or edit those blue points (tables) after app is finished and run from the desktop nos vb..hope understand,,,one mor time thnx for respond

Hi,

but i want to customise or edit those blue points (tables) after app is finished and run from the desktop nos vb..hope understand

If you were to give my suggestion a try you will find that this is exactly the flexibility that my suggestion was implying.

Let me try and say this another way. If you get rid of the tables on the current restaurant layout picture and set that as a background image to a form you then have a Form that represents your restaurant. Now you can drag a picture box from the toolbox onto the Form and place it anywhere you want to represent a table. Set the image of that PictureBox to your blue circle (i.e a table) and you now have an object that you can interact with either in code or design mode to do whatever you need.

You can then add as many PictureBox's as you like to create as many tables as you need for your restaurant layout.

Cheers,

Ian

Back