Rest API with ASP.NET MVC

shersu

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

How do I add Rest API to an ASP.NET MVC application that returns JSON in VB.NET. Please help

Thanks

You don't use ASP.NET MVC is how. You use Web API. It's basically MVC without the V, i.e. there's no UI. The controller actions return data that can be consumed by other applications rather than views that can be displayed in a browser.

Thanks . That is a good start. Do you have any guide or tutorial that I can follow step by step?

The project still requires Views. I am asked to integrate REST API that is called from a Windows Service.

Last edited:
I'm starting a similar project, where a company created an integration tool VMSXChange in VB.net, which allow you to make calls through a VB UI Form UI and module (Code) VMSXChangeClient.vb file to process the URL request.
I'm dido above info on URL endpoint web service calls - especial request calls

I'm starting a similar project, where a company created an integration tool VMSXChange in VB.net, which allow you to make calls through a VB UI Form UI and module (Code) VMSXChangeClient.vb file to process the URL request.
I'm dido above info on URL endpoint web service calls - especial request calls
I don't really know what you're trying to say.

Hi guys, I've been looking for a solution to my problem when working with the API for a long time. I used to use the Rust programming language. It has included great CLI tools like ripgrep and exa. Companies like Cloudflare use Rust for their own systems and encourage people to write Rust to run microservices. But last year I spent some time trying to get Rust to work for a simple vanilla API for a normal website. It wasn't very good. I found your thread using proxycrawl.com , I have a similar problem as the author of the thread, do you happen to have a video on solving the problem with adding the Rest API to the application ASP.NET MVC? I will be very grateful.

Back