Response.Redirect help?

Tmuldoon

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I have a page called Master.aspx that accepts user input, passes it to a database, and bring up records based on that input. It then puts the records into a dataset with a select button. Choosing the select button takes the users to another page called Detail.aspx. It give more info on that one record.

I have included a 'BACK' button on the Detail.aspx page:

Private Sub btnBack_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnBack.Click
Response.Redirect("Master.aspx")
End Sub

It brings me back - but the datagrid is not empty along with the textbox with the user input.

However, if I just use the back button - all the data is there. I want to use the back button I created.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

history.back instead of vb.net

Any way to do this purely in .NET without the javascript?

Where would I put the javascript? I have never used Javascript before!

Thanks!

Tmuld

It appears that JavaScript (most popular and other programs like ActiveX) is the heart of programming via the Client side. I do not know anything of JavaScript myself but I am going to learn it due to everything calling for it. I would suggest learning the JS solution to your problem first b/c it may help you later however; if you just need the back button to open the page and return the fields to the master page as well then you will need to pass the information back with some statemanagment technique. If you don't want the information to be there no matter what then clear the fields on each page load.

Last edited:
Back