"Resource Section"

MFS

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I have been at VB.NET for a very short while now (about 1 month) and I can say without a doubt my knowledge of VB has continued to amplify from the information posted in these forums. Thank you!

Along with my first post I also have a question about setting an icon for my application .exe file.

I have read that I need to go to Project > properties then on the Application tab there is a section to change the icon from the default to something else. However when I do this and choose the icon that I want, I get an error when I use the debug to run my application.

It says "Unable to write to output file C:/... the specified image file did not contain a resource section"

I have no idea what this means and could use some guidance.

Sorry for the long post :)

MFS

What type of icon are you trying to use? Usually this kind of problem is due to a compatibility issue with the icon. For example, if you try to use a Windows Vista icon you will recieve this error.

Hi I Got this Same Error tooo, But When the First Time I Complier My App, It Was OK
After that I Format My PC and Installed Windows, Then I Got This Same Error..

I Want to Know Why ??

and When I Changed My Icon It is OK..
But I Cant Change my Icon Because I Released My Software v1.0 in With That Icon So

What Can I Dooooooooooooo ?
Enyone Pelase Help Meeeeee !

Back