Repopulate datagrid with button click

veronica86

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello,

In my application I have a hyperlink on a web form, that when clicked, opens a new, separate webform.aspx in a modal dialog window. This new, separate form in the modal window has a datagrid that I fill from a dataset on page_load. My issue is that I place a linkbutton on the bottom of this new separate page, along with 2 date controls. I want the user to enter 2 dates and then click the linkbutton to call a method to repopulate the datagrid on this same modal window, not another window.

For some reason, even though I am setting Target="_self" (so far without luck), when I click the linkbutton, a new webform.aspx always opens. Is it possible to just refresh this datagrid on my (already open) form within the modal window, without opening a totally new page or another modal window? Thanks for any thoughts!@~! V.

Re:

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did not try the line of code you indicated; maybe that would have been the answer for me? I instead, just scrapped the idea of the modal window, and am using just .aspx pages, so with this re-design, I eliminated my problem. I just didn't have enough time to keep tinkering with it. Thanks!

Back