Question recognize text from image (hand write script)

jothimani

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, i want to develop a software, which is used for html tagging conversion. so i need to know how to give text recognition from using Ms-Access and VB.NET using one sample image.
like this link (image to text converter software - YouTube). please watch this link and give some ideas. thanks

What you are talking about is called Optical Character Recognition (OCR), so that's what you should search for. Implementing such a system is not trivial at all and would be a daunting task even for an experienced programmer. I mean no disrespect when I say that it is probably beyond you at the moment, but it's obviously your prerogative to try.

@jmcilhinney@

hi i know this is OCR. i want little bit suggestion about recognition. for example, a sample image available, in that sample image we point out every single character as ASCII code via ms access. i mean please watch the linked video in my question. i want develop like that software.

If you know it's OCR then search the web for information on OCR in .NET. What have you found? What do you understand and not understand? If you're asking us for suggestions without doing that first then you're wasting everyone's time because you'll still have to search anyway and we will likely repeat things that you can find elsewhere. Do what you can for yourself and then ask us specific questions on specific issues, not just how to build your app from scratch.

In my opinion, if you want to code the OCR tool yourself, it's too hard. and there are many OCR controls in .net, such as Microsoft MODI and Tesseract OCR engine, there are both free to use. and there are many free OCR tool and software, like some online ocr, if you don't have to program yourself, you can try some OCR software directly.

Back