Reading Word File

leoric1928

Programming Experience
3-5
Good day,

How will I read a word document in vb.net wherein the styles are preserved. For example if the text are bold or the text are highligted. I can read only the contents but the styles are not there. Pls help.

Unfortunately I don't know how I can help you:(,
but I'd be very grateful if you'd explain to me how you read a Word document:eek:.

Thanks a lot!

Hi enzom83, if you want to be able to access word from vb.net then you need to start by adding a COM reference to your project. Look for

'MicroSoft Word Object Library 9.0'

vis781 said:
Hi enzom83, if you want to be able to access word from vb.net then you need to start by adding a COM reference to your project. Look for

'MicroSoft Word Object Library 9.0'

I added the COM reference and I'm succeeded in extract the text!

It is possible extract the text without using MS Word?

Thanks!

Well no answer to my queries however, ...

Microsoft supplies an ActiveX control which allows developers to embed Office files for in-place editing and viewing while giving more control than the WebBrowser control. The ActiveX is called Dsoframer.ocx and more info can be found here: ActiveX Control for Hosting Office Documents in Visual Basic

Paszt said:
Well no answer to my queries however, ...
Sorry... I should implement a stand-alone library which make some statistics about the words within a Word document, in order to store them on a database.

Paszt said:
Microsoft supplies an ActiveX control which allows developers to embed Office files for in-place editing and viewing while giving more control than the WebBrowser control. The ActiveX is called Dsoframer.ocx and more info can be found here: ActiveX Control for Hosting Office Documents in Visual Basic
Thanks a lot!
Now I try it.

I have download the DSoFramer ActiveX, but I don't know how must be used this ActiveX in order to obtain the text contained in a Word document :(

Has someone used it and can he help me?
Thanks!

Good day,

How will I read a word document in vb.net wherein the styles are preserved. For example if the text are bold or the text are highligted. I can read only the contents but the styles are not there. Pls help.

Back