Random Quiz Question - I just can't seem to get it!

daveofgv

Programming Experience
1-3
I am trying to conquer the problem I have with setting a quiz program to pull random questions and not have one asked twice. I am using Visual Studio 2008

I have a label for the quesiton = questionlable
Labels for the answer
ansalabel
ansblabel
ansclabel
ansdlabel

I have a button = nextbtn

I just can't seem to program this quiz app. I have googled and googled and see people asking the same type of questions, however, they seem like they aleardy have the idea of how to do it.

I am not sure if I should use access (which if it dosn't install correctly or moved then the program will not work)
a text file
or hard code it (which seems better of the bunch)

Is there anyone that can show me (dummies version) how to set up a quiz app?

I know everything else except how to make it work.....

Really do say "Thanks" in advanced

daveofgv

Last edited:
You're thinking too specifically. Programming is about principles and applying them to various similar situations in various combinations. Instead of thinking "I want to create a quiz app" and looking for information on that specifically, consider what components make up such an app and concentrate on them. For instance, a database is the logical choice for storing the questions and answers. Using a database involves the same steps regardless of the application, so the fact that your app is about quizzes is not really specifically relevant. You can find tons of information on accessing databases from .NET apps if you care to look. Once you have worked through tutorials, examples, etc, and gained some understanding, then you can apply the principles you've learned to your specific problem. The same applies to other parts of the app, e.g. Windows UI design is basically the same no matter the purpose. Consider the components that make up your app, learn about them, then put them together into a cohesive whole. That's called software development.

Back