Question Random Binary Matrix

tariq75

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello Everyone. I would like to create a random binary matrix ( only 0 and 1) of any size of row and column in vb.net. I am not getting any suitable code for that. Any help will be highly appreciable.
Regards.
Tariq

tariq75

Programming Experience
3-5
In MATLAB "randi([0 1], 5,5)" command generates 5 x 5 binary matrix. But i am not finding any suitable code for creating random binary matrix in vb.net

jmcilhinney

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
There is no single line of code for that specifically. It's no surprise that Matlab has dedicated maths functionality that VB.NET doesn't, given that Matlab is a dedicated maths application. If you want a 2D array in VB.NET then create a 2D array. It's easy to find information on doing that. If you want to set each element then do that. It's easy to find information on traversing a 2D array and information on setting elements in an array. If you want to set each element using a random value in a specific range then do that. It's easy to find information on generating random values. You're not finding the information you want because you're thinking of it as a single operation, which it is not in VB.NET. It's basically four operations - create array, traverse array, generate random number, set array element - and you can research each one individually.

tariq75

Programming Experience
3-5
Thank jmcilhinney for your advice. ... I found the solution...

Private mRand As New Random
Private rndMatrix As Integer(,)

Public Sub BuildMatrix(rows As Integer, columns As Integer)
ReDim rndMatrix(rows, columns)
For x = 0 To rows
Dim valu = mRand.Next(0, Integer.MaxValue)
For y = 0 To columns
rndMatrix(x, y) = ((valu >> y) And &H1)
Console.Write(String.Format("{0} ", rndMatrix(x, y)))
Next
Console.Write(Environment.NewLine)
Next
End Sub

Top Bottom