Question regarding Datagrid in VB.NET 2003 please...

CHR15.NET

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi people,

I want to know if it's possible to create a custom datagrid shown in figure 1 and figure 2 using VB.NET ? Could you kindly please help me or at least give me clues ?:confused:

Figure 1 shows us a Datagrid of the Items List.....it will automatically generate an arrow each time a new item is added to the list (marked with the orange rectangle), and when the arrow is clicked it will bring the user directly to the data view of a certain item.
FIGURE 1:
q29sb.jpg

And Figure 2 shows us a Datagrid with a down arrow (marked with the orange circle), and when the down arrow is clicked, it will show the users a list of items, so that the users could easily select the items from the list.
FIGURE 2:
q16sx.jpg

Now the question is, using VB.NET, can I make something like it ? Do I have to create a new and custom DATAGRID CONTROL ? Or can I just use the Datagrid Control provided by the Visual Studio.NET ?:confused:

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Hi,
Assuming your intention i suppose you don't need datagrid control at all ... maybe you should consider other much more useful control like ListView for instance. Otherwise, allow your clients to explore data directly from DB (Enterprise manager or say through Access app directly) as i dont see much difference ...

Regards ;)

jmcilhinney said:
You can already do 2. in a standard DataGrid with DataGridColumnStyles, which allows you to host a ComboBox in a grid cell. The following link provides plenty of information on doing various things with the DataGrid.

http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WindowsForms/FAQ_c44c.aspx
Thanks for the response and the link ! I'll try to read first...

Kulrom said:
Hi,
Assuming your intention i suppose you don't need datagrid control at all ... maybe you should consider other much more useful control like ListView for instance. Otherwise, allow your clients to explore data directly from DB (Enterprise manager or say through Access app directly) as i dont see much difference ...

Regards ;)
Also thanks for the response. I'll try with Listview....

And I will always post back the solution if I will find one, adding more knowledge to the forum, for my note and for others. Thanks a lot for now...

And nice to know you both !

Cheers, and Merry Christmas,
Chris

Back