published project doesnt work

blkshdw88

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi,
i have just finished making a small project for opening mainly exe files and a few links and pictures on it here and there. Im not sure why it is doing this but the published project (exe files .application etc) does not find any files in the same directory. I have shell(filenamehere.exe) commands in the project and they work if i copy the files in \bin\release but as soon as i publish it loses ability to find them and results in an error in finding the specified file.

i would like to be able to publish it properly as i found publishing allows to detect .net framework 2 and install it before running if necessary.

any help would be appreciated thanks!

Stuart

Attachments

• iNs7aLL3r%20v2%20ReLoaDed.zip
    803.3 KB · Views: 35
  • CACJEHUT.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 48
use Application.StartupPath to find files in application folder

sorry ive only been using visual studio .net for a cpl weeks could you please explain how i would use the application.startuppath?

It is a function that returns a string with the startup path of the application that calls it.

so can i make it show me the string in a textbox? what do i type? i have no idea how to make the application.startuppath work?

thanks lol i thought about doing that but ive posted a question about this somewhere else and all i got was heaps of text that i didnt understand how to use.. this is much better hehe thanks heaps! now that i have found the path which is: C:\Documents and Settings\Stuart\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\8POOTWPX.CCB\NWALQZ8Z.J6R\ins7..tion_29777f69e925254f_0002.0000_7560f2d59ae9fb52
how do i change it because of course i would like to run it from a cd/dvd or really from wherever i want??

Back