Publish Application Problem

MondeoST24

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

Using VB 2005 Express Edition Beta,

My application is finished, debugged on local machine and works fine.
I now want to install it on a couple of other machines in my company (its an in house app)

I've made sure the Enable Click Once Security settings is checked and its set to "this is a full trust application"

I published it to a file share. Now when I run the publish.htm file on the client machines it seems to install okay, the application starts however whenever it attempts a DB operation I get the error

The type initializer for system.transactions.diagnostics.diagnostictrace threw an exception. I am assuming its a trust/permissions problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Are they connecting to a remote DB or are you shipping a DB that needs to be included with your deployment that you may have forgotten. If you're connecting to a remote DB such as SQL Server, you may have a permissions issue, i.e. using a Windows permission rather then a SQL Server login. If you need help with connection string, see this great site:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Its connecting to an excel sheet using JET / oledb. The excel file is on the local network, the actual path in the connection string uses a mapped drive I:\stockbook.xls

Hi,

Using VB 2005 Express Edition Beta,

My application is finished, debugged on local machine and works fine.
I now want to install it on a couple of other machines in my company (its an in house app)

I've made sure the Enable Click Once Security settings is checked and its set to "this is a full trust application"

I published it to a file share. Now when I run the publish.htm file on the client machines it seems to install okay, the application starts however whenever it attempts a DB operation I get the error

The type initializer for system.transactions.diagnostics.diagnostictrace threw an exception. I am assuming its a trust/permissions problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

you will get this problem solved by deleting config.app from solution explore
and rebuilding the project. Before doing make a backup copy of your project.

Back