Proper Form Navigation & Pulling from DB

Cajunspirit

Programming Experience
Beginner
So yeah, I've been developing a nice little GUI for the front end of a database.

Issue #1

My navigation method has been me.show, form.hide
Now this is all fine and dandy, but when I close the program, I suspect these hidden forms are still running.
Is this how it should be?

I considered parent and child forms and read about multiple panels, but those do not seem straightforward.

Doing a little searching lead me to "application.exit" and "close when last form closes"

Now only the exit button with this code works.

How do I get the red X everyone is accustomed to to perform the same all encompassing close functionality?

Issue #2

I have my forms all nice using the bindingsource and binding navigator displaying information from the appropriate table.

However, where there are instances of foreign keys, I would like the actual instance of that record from the table in which it is a primary key matching to the relevant referenced tuple...

Well going over my code, I had the close event after the show. So it would close the new form too.

Rearranged it and things work, thankfully.

I am now fighting with getting an add only page.

#2 What it is essentially, is a search function that fills the dataset based on the current record primary key on the page.

Back