project help

nirv

Programming Experience
Beginner
I apologize in advance if my inquiry is vague, I'm still very new to visual basic.
My situation is as follows:

My project requires me to program a sort of mortgage calculator. It should allow users to enter new clients and find and edit existing ones, as well as calculate mortgage payment. The main thing I'm currently stuck on would be the entering new client and editing aspect. There are multiple approaches to it that we were told to try, including arrays and working with structures. At the moment I have one form meant for entering client data. What I want it to do is take all the data entered in the different fields and store it to a common file (so basically this file will store the information for every client entered), and at the same time I want to be able to search through the file for a specific client by name and display it (this will happen in another form), and after searching, be allowed to edit the specified client's data.

Does anyone have suggestions for a basic approach? To be honest I'm not at all clear with how I should use arrays or structures to deal with this, so if someone could possibly provide an example of how to use them in this context that would help a lot.

And again if there's anything anyone needs me to clarify just give a quick post and I'll respond asap. Thanks guys.

Back