Programming Ideas

Schenz

Programming Experience
5-10
I am looking to start one of two projects, and would like some help in deciding what to do.

My first idea is a POS type application. I have been very dissatisfied with what is available in small markets in this area. I think I could build a fairly advanced program, and make it affordable for the small business.

My second idea actually came from my mother-in-law. She would like a program to track medical history for her parents. It would have all the general medical information, and be able to track medications, etc. My father-in-law also has diabities, so I thought I could include tracking information for this as well.

I would like some feedback on what you think should be done. I'll post updates with my project on my blog (http://schenz.blogspot.com) to let you know the sort of problems I run into, and how I solve them. I would also be happy to provide free BETAS to anyone interested in helping me debug it.

I'd say POS software is the better choice if you want to earn some money selling it to restaurants, grocery stores, shopping centers, and many other types of business. Otherwise, if you are enthusiast only and you want to help to sick people then you can go for another solution. At least this is how i see the thigs from my point of view :)

Regards ;)

I have received a few questions from people asking what a POS application is, so I posted some information on this type of application on my blog http://schenz.blogspot.com.

Please read it, and post a comment on what sort of application you would like to see written.

It seems that a POS application is winning at this time. I have just posted another entry on why we may also wish to look at a medical history/tracking application, but will leave the final decision to you, my readers. Please come and read all my entires, and comments posted by other readers. I look forward to receiving your feedback on the types of projects you would like to see developed.

Project now getting started

I wanted to post an update regarding the project on my blog. I have done some project specification documents to get this started.

I ask that anyone who is interested visit my blog, and download the docs. Please give feedback on what you see.

Back