Answered Program with only cancel interaction

Row1Boston

Programming Experience
5-10
I am trying to create an app that loads a form and starts listening for files and then processes them when they are found, the only interaction would be if the program need to be cancelled.

I load the form, but I am getting stuck on where to start the process. If I start listening in the load event the form never fully loads and I have no way of using the controls on the form. I thought of creating a sub main and throwing up another form with a cancel button on it and some informative text and then running the form that calls the listener.

Does this problem register with anyone, and do you have an example of what I should be doing?

thanks

Last edited:
This client only has the .NET1.1 framework. So I do not have access to the backgroundworker class.

Sorry, that should have been prominent in my original post.

You'll need to read up on threading for this, the background worker would do all the threading you need automatically, but since it's not an option you'll have to manually create your own thread(s)

It took me a while back in VS 2003 to get the hang of threading, but I didn't fully understand until I started using the BW control in VS 2005

Back