Problem with Service displaying a form

sapator

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi.
I have a program that has a timer inside. When the timer elapses it (should) displays a form.
The problem is that this form resides inside my Windows Service program (add new item). So it(the service) does not call an external program that i've tested and works ok. It calls the form from it's solution. When i call the form (dim xxx as new form ..... form.show) it displays a form that is all white inside (you know the thing you see when an application stucks) and it stops responding.
I've tried both windows.form.timer as system.timer but without success.
I've also tried putting the form to initialize outside the function (as Private xxx as new form)
Any ideas? (Beside making and external program)
P.S. I've already made the service interact with the desktop.
Thanks.

What does the spawned form do/contain? Could any of its actions be attributed to the busy display?

The form has 2 timers that,err, count.
It also opens-close an SQL connection.
I'm not sure on what do you by saying "busy display"

The "white form" is often a sign of something keeping the system busy, an infinite loop or some such. Was curious as two what was being done, as that might be something that is taking 100% CPU thus resulting in the "white form".

Have you stepped the code to ensure those two timers and the SQL connection are working as desired? Nothing looping there isnt it? (Infinitly, I mean)

I've disabled the timer and the problem is still there.
The SQL connection was tested in a windowsApplication and works.
Something to do with service not displaying a form correctly. Also tried a suggestion for "application.run" but does not work. :mad:

Back