problem with data

ganesh71

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi...
I am using a "database.mdf" in my vb.net application. However the data displays correctly but it does not insert or update data.Pls help me. I am using bindingsource & tableadapter inbuilt functions of the toolbox.

I'm also using msaccess database in another application. I want that user doesn't able to see the database so i used the database password. Now when i try to connect the datasource using "add new datasource" it connects perfectly. But when running application it says "not a valid Password" while the correct password is provided in the "add new connection wizard". However when not using password it works fine. Is there any way to hide or encrypte the database password in xml config file of the application.
thanks

when you put a passowrd on an access database you do NOT set it in the "password" part of the connection string, you set it in the "Jet OLEDB:Database Password" Extended Properties part (not a great screenshot):

fig15_04.jpg

for the other thing, read the dnu link in my signature

hi cjard...
I read ur FAQ about database. It's a nice article. Now I do the same things as u suggested ie. I set the database to "copy if newer" (my database is "database.mdf"). But i am facing the same problem ie. in my application the messagebox of successful updation is shown but when i re-debug the application the data is not updated. What the problem may be?
Waiting for ur kindly reply...
thanks.

Back