problem with combobox & textbox

masktoon_2486

Programming Experience
1-3
i am developing an accountig software for a society. in the form with entry about the expenditure, i am allowing the user to specify the purpose of expenditure. Now, i am using a textbox for the entry, but, i want to store the new value entered in the textbox permanently in a combobox for future use.

problem lies that the value entered in textbox is stored in the combobox only for the run-time and is disposed off after closing the application

i am strongly confunded....!!!:confused::eek:

Welcome to the forum :)
Ah, about the question ... i guess you should take some read about databases as your problem is liying that you don't use db at all. Well, in order to save data and use them later after you reopen application you need some databases i.e. text file or relational database like MSAccess (you could save the text from combo in DB and later fill combo with the same data)

However if you need an example for the beggining i'm willing to provide one

Cheers ;)

Well.... i think you want to store history in combobox for furture use.... i mean history of data entered in expenditure textbox .....
A simple approach to do this is to store each text entered in expenditure textbox into database ...... and when form reopen select all history text from database and pull it into combobox....
if you need code of this, i can provide you

Back