Problem Connecting After A Certain time period

Developer

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi just to let you know I did a search in this forum and couldn't find anything.

Anyways, I have a problem with connecting to sql server via VB.NET after a certain time period. The Server is using Server 2003, the database is sql server express and all work stations connected to the server is using windows xp professional. All computers use domain accounts.

Basically I have about 5 computers connecting to the database stored on the server with no problems what so ever. There is two computers that work fine when you first log into the computer but when they do their work(not using the program for the database) for about one hour or so and open the program again, it cannot connect to the database unless you log off and log back in to the computer. The two computers can still access the shared folders on the server but cannot connect to the database. All other computers work fine at all times.

The only difference with these two computers is that they use MYOB that is stored on a second server we have here that uses Vista.

If someone here has experienced this before or knows the answer, please share.

Thanks alot

Also I forgot to mention that all computers are using the same vb.net application installed onto each and every computer.

Back