Printing to a dot matrix printer low quality

sdulaney

Programming Experience
5-10
I have a project I am working on to print forms that have to use a dot matrix printer. The quality of the print is terrible no matter what font I try to use. The printer prints fine from a word document or a test page but my project is printing courier font that is not very readable. All I am doing is using a printform to print the contents of the form to the printer. The form just has a bunch of labels that are populated with the information and then calling a printform to print it. If I print to a laser printer, it seems to print fine. My only problem is printing to the dot matrix printer. Are there any settings or a better way to print to a dot matrix that I am unaware of?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

If you're using printform then you're printing a graphic version of the form. The font is therefore totally irrelevant. Dot matrix isn't designed for graphics. If you have to use a dot matrix printer you'll have to print pure text or live with the quality issues. There's really no happy compromise.

Thanks for the info. I got rid of the printform and re-wrote the program and now it is printing raw text. I didn't realize the printform was just printing a graphic. Thanks.

Back