print problem (Urgent)

Hema Rawat

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a application which creates a Guest Badge Card
This Card has the Name , Address & the BarCode which GuestID
Now I have to print this badge card.

IS it possoble to print all the details on badge card (Barcode & Name etc )with the BarCode Printer.

Now if this badge card is printed through a Normal Laser Printer Then That Barcode (on Badge Card) can be readable through the Bar Code Scanner

I am Stuck with this very big confusion

Plz Help me to resolve this

Thanks for this kind help

No problem

Yes it is possible to print other stuff with the barcode printer. You will be limited by the paper size of the printer. I had to set the barcode printer in crystal reports and design the report on that page size. It was a shipping label with a part number barcode on it.

Also, several other forms we have utilize a barcode font for partnumber. I have not had any problems reading the barcode when it is printed on a laser printer. If you do have problems, it is most likely due to the barcode font size selected (to small or to narrow) experiment until you find the size that makes your reader happy.

Hope that helps...

Thankyou Very much for your reply
You really realease my Problem & give me the direction

Can You Please Send me some code sample to know
How to print through vb.net with barcode printer
Is there is any other way to print with with barcode printer
Or the concept is same like the Normal Laser Printer.

If You have code, source or link then plz send me

I will be highly appreciate you for this kind help.

Thanks again
Thanks& Regards
Hema Chaudhry

Same as a normal printer

I found that I needed to have the barcode printer installed on the programming computer (thru network connection). It helped with testing and report design. Any reports generated that need to be printed on a specific printer are hardcoded into the code (causes problems if the printer is down, but if the printer is down you can't print anyway, right?)
Example:

VB.NET:
Dim ShippingLabelRpt As New rptShippingLabel

Dim BCPartNumberText As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.TextObject
BCPartNumberText = CType(ShippingLabelRpt.ReportDefinition.ReportObjects.Item("BCPartNumber"), CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.TextObject)
BCPartNumberText.Text = "*" & editPartNumber.Text & "*"

ShippingLabelRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "\\SHIPPINGSYS\Label Printer"
ShippingLabelRpt.PrintOptions.PaperOrientation = CrystalDecisions.[Shared].PaperOrientation.Portrait
ShippingLabelRpt.PrintToPrinter(1, True, 1, 99)

PrinterName = "\\SHIPPINGSYS\Label Printer" is the network connection to the WASP barcode label printer on the SHIPPING computer.
BCPartNumberText.Text = "*" & editPartNumber.Text & "*" pushes the Part number from a textbox to a label on the report/label. It also adds asterisks before and after the text. Most/all barcode readers require the asterisk before and after the actual text.

Hope that helps...

Barcode Not Printed by Label Printer

I am Stuck in a problem

I ahve an application that generates the Barcode
When I am printing that with teh laser printer , Then That printed barcode is readble through the Scanner

But when I am printing it with the Label Printer(USed to print small badge cards, Address labels etc.) then that printed barcode (printed by label printer) is not readable by the barcode scanner

Can you give me the direction Why is it so.

I am Stuck in a problem

I have an application that generates the Barcode
When I am printing that with the laser printer , Then That printed barcode is readble through the Scanner

But when I am printing it with the Label Printer(USed to print small badge cards, Address labels etc.) then that printed barcode (printed by label printer) is not readable by the barcode scanner

Can you give me the direction Why is it so.

Sounds like quality issue...

If I were going to guess, I would say it is a print quality issue. Your barcode scanner needs clear lines to be able to read the data. If it works on a laser, the data is in the correct format for the scanner. If it doesn't work on the label printer and the format is the same, the reason is most likely clarity (the barcode it not clear/distinct enough). Try manipulating the size of the font (make it bigger) there are several different barcode fonts available (I use Code39SlimTT-Regular, 26.25pt).

Hope that helps...

Back