Preview page with vb.net

yaqsakaf

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in vb.net and asp.net (having started 2 months ago). I am currently creating a Customer Information database and appreaciate any help given on this matter:

How do I create a preview page before submitting to the database.

Example, I have a page that allows me to input customer's information. Before submitting to the database, I would like to have a pop-up page allowing me to preview all the info. This pop-up page also will have a "submit" and "cancel" button. Once the "submit" button is pressed, only then the information will be updated to the database.

If this can be done, where do you normally store the info temporarily for the pop-up preview page?

I am using vb.net and asp.net

Thank you in advance.....

Preview page

First, yes a preview page can be done quite easily.
Second, it seems a bit redundant, adding one more hoop the user must jump through to get the data entered. A single data entry form should be sufficient without having to preview the data. Somewhere in your project you will have a form to display and/or edit the customer data so a preview seem unnecessary.

Here is one idea for a preview page.
Store your data in public variables. Create a Preview page, load up labels with your data. Create a boolean variable (SaveCustomer) and set it to true if save is pressed, set it to false if cancel is pressed. When you come back to the data entry page check:
if SaveCustomer = true
'call your add/update procedure
else
'do nothing and allow changes
end if

Hope that gets you started...

Back