Question POP Up Sending application

premishere

Programming Experience
Beginner
guys , i am new in vb.net programming,:chargrined: i want to create a server client based application.
in which there will be a client application and server application, the client application will be installed on all
network computers automatic connected to server (auto login) and when ever any message sent by the admin application
it will popup a message to all the clients computers on which the client application is installed.

user end will only receive the message, they cant send any message, only message will be sent from admin
application( admin can be more than two)
client application will always connected to the mysql database when the user switches on his system

client will be known to the administrator by his computer name......

i tried winsock, but as i am new i cant understand much,

can u please help me in this, or any one is having any code for that it will be very helpful for me.

thaks:lemo:

You've touched on a number of issues there but you should address one at a time and, when that is solved, create a new thread for the next. Let's decide now that this thread is only for the creation of a connection between the client application and the server. For that part, you should look at using the TcpListener and TcpClient classes. You might start by checking out this demo of mine:

Asynchronous TcpListener & TcpClient

Keep in mind that that's just a demo to illustrate the principles. Most importantly, the server would more appropriately be implemented as a Windows service.

Back