Please immediate help needed, msde fill problem in a form

filistor

Programming Experience
3-5
Please help! i have to deliver an html page for my university, listing financial pages, so i thought i could create it with vb and sql Desktop. Even though i can create applications using Sql, when i try to make a webform(with the same database) and fill it with data i get the error :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Login failed for user 'PAUHLO-TEST\ASPNET'

however i can preview the data with the sqladapter. What is going wrong?Thanks in advance

It might be something to do with the web.config file used to authenticate users. I try not to use this because it annoys me and I don't know how they work.

This is a permission problem on the database side, You will need to add the ASP user to the database and give it permissions.

When you install MSDE from the setup files, it installs the database to use trusted connections, which means that the user accessing the database must be an account on the local machine or on the domain. Then it must have permissions in the database to access the systems needed.

If you must use user names in the connection strings, you will need to convert the database to use mixed mode (Thereare articles on this all over the web, but I prefer the MSDN Article).

Or Reinstall the MSDE Application and edit the setup INI file as per the document that comes with the setup files, it tells you how to configure an SQL User and set it to Mixed Mode.

Mykre

Back