Question Playable audio without WMP

Trance

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am currently developing a full audio player in VB.NET.
Here is what I have so far:

23izce9.png

The minimize and close buttons work.
The search bar is just a masked text box without any function just yet.

Here is what i need to work on.

The middle white box will show the "track name" under that it will show the "artist name". Then on the bottom left corner tell how far along the song has gone (most likely a label). On the bottom right of the middle white box it will show how much time the song has left (counting downward as the song plays). Then in the middle of the two labels have the "timeline" so that you can seek through the part of the song you want to listen to, just like any regular media player.

There is more but basically that's the largest thing i need to work on.

I don't want to use WMP, I want to somehow maybe use API's for my media player. In the sense of being able to add a file/ folder, play the song, pause, stop, next, previous. I can make the buttons but i would have no idea how to code them to make them work like that.

The search bar will come in later as that is a whole other idea. :D

Basically what i need to do is just allow the audio player to play music. not just .wave files but .mp3 and .wav files.

Let me know if you guys can help me out :)
If anyone can help me out I'll make sure you get proper recognition.

Last edited:
No, i don't want to use anything that relates WMP. I was looking for a code that would allow me to play .mp3 and .wav, .pls, and .m3u files.

Back