PieChart in it which graphs "HoofZones"

DigitalFusion

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey all,

I have a report that has a PieChart in it which graphs "HoofZones" from the database. The issue is that sometimes the HoofZone maybe blank/null and I do not want to graph blank/null values. If I right click on the PieChart and go to Properties, then the Data Tab this is what I have:

Dataset Name:
CowEventsDS_CowEvents

Values:
Series Label: __i left it blank___
Value: =Count(iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString <> "", 1, (iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString <> Nothing, 1, Nothing))))

The "Value" expression is working just fine, its not graphing any blank/null values for HoofZones on the PieChart. However, when I run the app, the legend of the pie chart is showing the values of the HoofZones just fine but there is another legend item named "point ..."

If I edit the series label and value to the following:
Series Label: ___i leave it blank____
Value: =Count(Fields!HoofZone.Value)

when I run the app, I get the normal legend items of the HoofZones, but "point 2" and "Categor..." legend items. I dont understand what is going on behind the scenes. How can I get this PieChart to not only NOT graph null items, but also not but them on the legend?

------------

if it helps... I added point labels to the chart. The legend shows:

Point 2
Categor...
NH

On the piechart I am seeing TWO "0"'s! I do have some HoofZones that are "0" so I should be seeing one "0", but not two. I thought I read somewhere at some point that null values can sometimes have a value of "0" If that is the case, it kinda makes sense why when set the value in teh properties of the chart under the data tab to:

Value: =Count(iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString <> "", 1, (iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString <> Nothing, 1, Nothing))))

the Legend shows me:

Poin...
NH

I dont see two "0"'s on the point labels? I see one "0"... how do I get rid of that "poin..." on the legend?

EDIT: I would honestly be willing to pay someone if they can help me fix this by the end of the day! It has been on my "bug" list for weeks and I jsut cant seem to get to the bottom of it!

--------------

maybe i should just go back into the app and force any null hoof zones to be "-"?

EDIT: I DONT GET IT!!!!!!!!

I went back thru the entire app and anywhere that a null "HoofZone" could be inserted, I changed it to a "-". The pie chart properties-->data tab now:

Series Label: =(iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString = "-", Nothing, Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString))
Value: =Count(iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString = "-", Nothing, 1))

the chart isnt graphing the "-" but the legend is all screwy. It shows me (different report data from example above):

- - Catego...
NH- NH

If I go back and change the pie chart properties-->data tab to:

Series Label: __leave it blank___
Value: =Count(iif(Fields!HoofZone.Value.ToString = "-", Nothing, 1)) -SAME AS PREVIOUS

the chart continues to not graph the "-". but the legend shows me:

-
NH

#%*)@#$(%)#$^_($@#_%^)

Back