picResult.print ()

neway

Programming Experience
Beginner
im stuck.
im trying to print my search results on a picturebox labeled picResult.
i know there's picResult.Print in vb but that doesnt work in vb.net.
any ideas of how to print the results on a picturebox??

Need more details

Hi, there. You weren't very specific about what you want to do. However, as far as I know the PictureBox control doesn't have a Print() method and can only contain image types. If you wish to display search results, maybe you should consider using other controls like DataGrid or ListBox. If your search results involve pictures, I suppose you could use both a PictureBox and an ImageList control.

it's like this.
i search for a student's name
then the picResult will list out possible result of students with similar name.
my picturebox does involve any images.
thanx btw!! :)

also.. after displaying the possible results..
i want to select one of the possible results.. so that i can perform some edit and delete functions. any suggestions on how i do that??

If you aren't displaying a picture then don't use a PictureBox. Do as jango_fett has already suggested and display your results in a control that is suitable for the list you want to display. You could use a ComboBox, ListBox, ListView, DataGrid, etc. You probably need to do some reading on displaying query results in the help system or on MSDN. Your question is extremely general, so I'd say it's up to you to narrow it down and we can help with details if need be.

Back