Question overlapping control

cocol

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello!

i had a windows form which i have many controls like labels textboxes...
but my requirement is that i want to draw or add a final control to overlap all these controls such a way he is transparent so we can see all labels and buttons threw him but of course we can't take any actions.

Thank you very much.

You could place all of the controls you want to disable inside a panel. Then, when the final control is triggered, you can change the panel's Enabled property to False. This will disable all the controls inside the panel all at once.

the idea is not to disable or enable buttons and textboxes,the idea is a have a pdf control in the form,i set security to the pdf like no print and no save,but when the pc have the new adobe reader,on mouse hover it will show at the bottom the save and print icon,so for that i want to draw a transparent control on top of the pdf so he can't reach the original control but he can see the pdf.
thank you

you want a sort of glass shield on your form that you can see through :O
try with a textless label, set Autosize = false so that you can resize it to fit the bounds which your controls are within. Then Set backcolor = transparent :O dunno...maybe it works :D

Are you saying that the latest adobe reader circumvents Adobe's own PDF security and allows printing and saving of copyrighted material? Or just that the icons are there and you don't like them? They don't actually save or print do they?

i use a PDF libraries to set security to a PDF like no save and no print,so for a long time it worked for me,but when the new adobe reader comes,it destroy all my security because in the toolbar the print and save icon is disabled but the new adobe reader shows a little bar at the bottom of the page on mouse over,this little toolbar contain the print and save icon.
so what i need is to put such a drawing or control on that PDF reader with transparency so we can always see the PDF but not interact with him. it's like a thick box in web development.

You didn't answer my question, does it or does it not print and save when you press these buttons, or does it tell you that you can't? If it does print and save, I think your library might just be outdated/not working properly.

yes it save and print.but if i show the original toolbar,the print and save icon are disabled but it's not the case in this this little toolbar

The point is, it's not the icons that should be disabled, it's the function itself. I don't think you are actually setting security on your file, otherwise these buttons would just tell you Access Denied.

Back