Question outlook.exe is a project

ideprize

Programming Experience
10+
Hi to all and hoping someone can tell me how to remove outlook.exe from my VS2005 project list. I think it got there because I will debugging a VBA outlook app - not sure. But now VS2005 wants to write the .sln file to the office14 folder whenever I try to exit - not going to do that one! On the web I found the write-up that says to open the solution explorer and then select remove from the edit menu - the edit menu doesn't have a remove option? Is there an edit menu at another "level"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Gordon Haas

Edit menu has dynamic items depending on what is selected, in some cases it has a Delete item, in other it is a Remove item. Same can be seen in context menu, which reflects the context you use it on. DEL key can also be used.

Thanks JohnH for the quick response

What I found was the edit menu that was being referenced in the web piece was the edit menu that appears after you "open" the project. The problem is you cannot "open" outlook.exe. The "del" key might have worked - didn't think of that peripheral! Anyway what I did was edit the registry - HKCU\software\micorsoft\visual studio\8.0\projectMRUlist. The problem with this fix is even though you only remove (in my case) file1 it clears all of the "recent" projects from the list. But at least now I can use VS2005!

Again thanks JohnH

Gordon Haas

I didn't realize you were talking about the MRU list, I though you had an erroneous project item or something in your solution. If you manually remove an item in MRU list in registry you must fill the gaps so that it counts continuously from 1 and up, for example just place some item where you removed the other. In VB 2010 you can use the context menu on start page Recent Projects list and select 'Remove from list'.
Why are you using VB 2005 anyway, what's the fun in that? :)

Thanks again JohnH.
Yes I kind of figured it was because I removed "file1" from the list that the rest fell off - it is no big deal - I will visit them again soon enough. The reason why I am not on 2010 is primarily because I am trying to figure out the proper mapping to what "flavor" of 2010 I should go to. As usual Microsoft made the evolution and consequently the upgrade just about as complex as it could be made. Regardless I will most probably be in that "space" in a couple of months. Again thanks a lot JohnH. It really is a good feeling to know if you hit something that makes you scratch your head there are people out their that have already scratched theirs!

Gordon Haas

The reason why I am not on 2010 is primarily because I am trying to figure out the proper mapping to what "flavor" of 2010 I should go to.
I recommend the Express editions until you can decide, unless you specifically know that will not cover your needs. Even so, installing the newest Express version is a good way to get to know a lot of the new stuff and keep up with the times. VS 2012 version is just a week ahead too, according to this: Final Build for VS 2012 - Availability and Launch Dates Ahead - Jason Zander's blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Back